Scour and collision protection
Peter Madsen Marine Contractors have been involved in placing all sizes of stone and rock materials throughout its 50 year operation. We provide protection for bridges, harbour walls, breakwaters and offshore wind farm structures.
Our fleet of six vessels are equipped with either backhoe hydraulic excavators or wire excavators with grabs, all suitable for placing rock materials from gravel size up to 9 tonne individual rock armour blocks.
The vessels have fixed holds for transportation of materials and can self-load. The PDS2000 guidance system enables us to accurately place rock either en-mass, as separate layers or as individual blocks.
Placement and validation is supported by our own multibeam survey package, including in-house equipment, surveyors and processing.
We can handle the entire project from in-survey, material load-out and placement as well as validation survey and final documentation.
- All 6 vessels suited to material placement
- Bulk fill, filter, rip rap, rock armour placement
- Client load or vessel self-load from quayside
- Ship-to-ship transfer at sea
- All vessels self-propelled and with own cargo hold
- Projects from 1,000 m³ to 200,000 m³
- Bucket, clamshell and finger grabs to suit stone size
- Full multibeam survey and video package
- In-house project management and documentation